Baby almost dies from eating a snack, then Dad sees the shocking label
A frightened father nearly lost his baby girl from making one little mistake. They were hanging out, eating some cheesies, when the worst thing possible happened.
She was gasping for air as she choked on a snack she eats all the time. Justin Morrice, the quick acting Dad of the week, rushed to his baby, turning her over, patting her back like you're often told to do.
Baby girl choked and gasped for more air, trying desperately to cry.
She turned blue and the father panicked, thinking this slapping on the back isn't working and his instincts kicked in.
He jammed a finger down her throat in attempt to dislodge the cheesie that was stuck. He was able to squish it just enough to her his baby cry again.
Daddy saved his little girl just in time!
What went wrong was a very harmless mistake that many people often overlook. Justin didn't read the label on the container of snacks. You wouldn't think a can of crunchy cheese snacks would do this, but it did. The snacks actually go bad in five days, causing them to lose their crunch and they become rather rubbery and soft. This means when the child chews them, they don't break down. It's like chewing on gum that regains it's shape. You chew, but nothing happens. So the kids chew on it and try to swallow it, but they're trying to swallow the entire item without it being broken down.
Make sure you always read the labels. This was a very unexpected and almost tragic event that could have lost that sweet beautiful baby girl.
Great job being a hero, Dad.
As I sit here still shaking I'm posting this as a reminder to ALL parents of small children...please always read labels on the foods we feed them.
As I had just finished feeding my daughter I set some of these cheesies on her highchair tray as a dessert for finishing her snack....well in less then 10 seconds I had turned to rinse her bowl in the sink...turned back and saw her gasping for air. She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out....I rushed over and picked her up and turned her over and slapped her back(as we were taught) for what seemed like forever I still could not hear anything. I flipped her over and her lips had turned blue and she was still trying to cry. I tried again to flip her facing down and slapping her back but nothing.....turned her over and her lips were even more blue....its at this moment I thought my little girl was going to die in my arms... I panicked and did the only thing I could think of....I rammed my finger into her mouth and down her throat and was able to squish the cheesie enough that the next thing I heard was the sweetest sound in the world...her crying.
I flipped her over again and slapped her back and with the force of her crying it became dislodged and I was able to sweep it with my finger out of her mouth. It was the longest and scariest min of my life. I called my mom over just help calm me down and Annabelle.
I was confused as she had ate them days before with no problem. After scanning the can my mom found this "warning" in tiny letters on their side to throw contents out after 5 days of breaking the seal. I opened a new container and I could not believe the difference. The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug. I could squish it but it would expand back out and would not break apart. The ones in the new can crumbled with ease.
Again this is not a post to degrade Gerber in anyway. So many products post warning labels but unless u scan the product you can get "lazy" as parents and it becomes routine.
I attached pics of the product and the warning on the side and my little girl sleeping after cuddles of the aftermath. So again this is just a warning to all parents...read the labels!
Trump Patriotic Winter Beanies are IN! Get yours FREE!
love your country!
Should we impeach Ilhan Omar? Yes or No? / Is AOC mentally unstable? Sign off on it! / Should we demand Adam Schiff resign? Add your name!