Shiver me timbers, nothing was worse than getting spiked with the Thorn in PVP then rolling out your best dance moves, jumping, or running like a Halo grunt with your head popped off because you thought those 7,7,7 would stop showing up faster (did they?). Consequently, nothing was better than popping someone with the Thorn once, watching them retreat around the corner, seeing them jump, dance, and practically stop, drop, and roll. Now Destiny 2 just revealed the Thorn-inspired bow, but you're gonna need perfect headshots to make the damage over time happen. Miss the shot or yank the bow wrong and it's just another arrow.
It's called the Le Monarque and it's part of the new Black Armory content that came with the Izanami Forge on Nessus. It's like Gofannon, but with shiny Vex instead of those drooling Fallen goons. Paul Tassi over at Forbes stated the grind to unlock this Force is longer than Gofannon and Volundr Forge - and also a bit more annoying. He posted a list of tasks required. He's usually very on point with his Destiny posts, so enjoy it and thank him later. I'm just the middle man handing off a reach around on this one.
*** FREE TRUMP 2020 FLAG ***
You gotta do all this to get that fancy French sounding exotic boy called the Le Monarque.
- Killing Vex on Nessus will get you the first item that sparks the quest. I got mine after completing the Flashpoint Heroic adventure, so that could be your safest bet.
- You will then be tasked with killing Vex on Nessus, 100 of them. I would do this in the Artifact’s Edge Lost Sector which will get you pretty close to 50 Vex kills a run and you can make up the difference outside.
- You then have to do a Heroic Spire Integration but only the one in the Hallows as the other two locations don’t count for reasons I don’t understand.
- You then have to hunt down 20 Minotaurs on Nessus. Another Heroic Spire Integration should get you maybe 8 or so per run, but supposedly the best way to do this is to just do the Exodus Down strike and kill the first two Minotaurs over and over.
- You then have to do an actual mission, sort of, which takes you to the Forge itself where you have fight Vex and activate conduits. But then you figure out the Forge is broken when you return to Ada-1, which is the first actual bit of dialogue in this mission
- Then you have to do three more heroic public events, including, you guessed it, Spire Integration. You also have to do Witches Ritual and Ether Resupply. Ether and Spire can both be done on Nessus. Witches can be done on Mars or Titan.
- Then you have to get blight material from Lost Sectors on Io which I did by running through one five times. Then you have to get Fallen headshot multikills which I did in a Tangled Shore Lost Sector. And then there’s an actual platforming mission on Nessus at 630 power that is kind of fun to get the last piece.
- Then you have to go to Volundr Forge to fully fix the igniter. Seems to be just a normal Forge run.
- Show the lighter to Ada-1 and surprise, another step! This time it’s a 630 version of Insight Terminus which will give you the final igniter component. It does not have matchmaking and it will boot you to orbit if you die. I soloed it at 640.
- Back to the Izanami Forge for a 630 mission that will have you taking on a Hydra boss where you have to shoot things attached to its shield so it rotates and you can hit him. A new mechanic. Then go back to Ada-1 again once you beat this. Then you will get the Forge Bow frame and can finally start playing the Forge on repeat.