Girl looked like 'FIREBALL' after social media challenge goes horribly wrong
A Detroit girl is in the hospital after an Internet challenge left her badly burned from the knees to her head.
It's a good thing Brandi Owens was home to save her daughter after an Internet challenge went horribly wrong and left the child badly burned from the knees up to her head. The girl was attempting the 'fire challenge' that was traveling around on social media. It's completely stupid, but teenagers can't seem to stop getting themselves into horrible things such as eating Tide Pods, snorting condoms, and now basically lighting themselves on fire.
A 12-year-old girl from Detroit was hospitalized with severe burns after attempting the “fire challenge” — a social media stunt that involves pouring a flammable substance on your body and setting yourself on fire.
Timiyah Landers suffered second- and third-degree burns Friday.
“[She] looked like a fireball,” Brandi Owens, the girl’s mother, told the Washington Post. “She was yelling, ‘Help me.’?”
Though Owens said she never heard of the challenge, she said her daughter and her friends would watch videos online when they would hang out at her house.
We hope the girl has a full recovery. The mom wants everyone to know that these challenges are pretty stupid and no one should be engaging in them. If your friends on social media dare you to light yourself on fire, then they're not really your friend. If you light yourself on fire to look cool, then you don't actually look cool, you look stupid.
Do not do these challenges. They are not safe and obviously setting yourself on fire is a really bad idea.
We should be afraid of what they do next, because it will certainly be more stupid than all of the above added together.
Trump Patriotic Winter Beanies are IN! Get yours FREE!
love your country!
Should we impeach Ilhan Omar? Yes or No? / Is AOC mentally unstable? Sign off on it! / Should we demand Adam Schiff resign? Add your name!