Security video from Jeffrey Epstein’s first attempt ‘no longer exists’

In a strange twist of mishaps, the surveillance video from outside of Jeffrey Epstein’s cell that could have recorded his first suicide attempt has been deleted, according to federal prosecutors.

On that day, he was found half conscious while in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center back in July, and the video of that night is now gone.

NBC News reported why the video that could’ve given us clues about Epstein’s eventual passing:

But that video is now gone because MCC officials mistakenly saved video from a different floor of the federal detention facility, prosecutors said in a court filing.

The MCC “inadvertently preserved video from the wrong tier within the MCC and as a result, video from outside the defendant’s cell on July 22-23, 2019 no longer exists,” the court papers say.

Is this one of those “isn’t that ironic” moments? Possibly. Possibly not.

*** Tired of Social Media? Join our private network and stop worrying about shadowbans and censorship! Registration is free! Join Here! ***

The FBI got involved and NBC News continued their report:

The FBI made the discovery last week while reviewing a copy of the video provided by MCC officials, prosecutors said.

“After reviewing the video, it appeared to the government that the footage contained on the preserved video was for the correct date and time, but captured a different tier than the one where [the cell housing Epstein and his cellmate] was located because the preserved video did not show corrections officers responding to any of the cells seen on the video.”

His cellmate was Nicholas Tartaglione, who was waiting on his own charges involving allegations he offed four men and put them in a hole in his yard, back in 2016. Regardless of his issues, what does that have to do with Epstein?

It turns out that Epstein’s incident in July was investigated as a way for Epstein to be transferred away from Tartaglione. However, Tartaglione asked for the center to retain the video from outside of the cell, this way it could clear his client of any wrong doing, if there was any suspicion he did anything to Epstein.

The MCC agreed, but “the MCC computer system listed a different, incorrect cell for Tartaglione,” prosecutors said in the court filing.

A backup video system was in place, but the requested video wasn’t available because of unspecified “technical errors,” the court filing says.

Tartaglione was cleared. Epstein passed away three weeks later.

MCC officials succeeded in preserving video from outside his cell that day. Prosecutors are using the video as evidence against two guards who are accused of falsifying records and not performing the proper checks on Epstein the night he died.

Here’s the thing about this – will we ever really know what happened to Jeffrey Epstein that night?