Terrorist Attack on London Tube
Terror once again rocked London during the commute to work as a fireball was seen on a busy tube train. Police are now trying to piece everything together and catch the person who caused the explosion.
- On the morning of Friday 15th September, a terrorist incident was declared at Parsons Green underground station in West London after an explosion on a tube carriage.
- 29 people were treated at the scene according to NHS England.
- The Metropolitan police and British Transport Police and also armed officers were at the scene after the incident. London Ambulance Service was also present.
- The device is said to have been a suspected improvised explosive device also known as an IED according to The Met’s assistant commissioner Mark Rowley.
- Police sources said that the device only partially exploded but an initial examination by explosive experts led them to conclude that it was viable, meaning the device was meant to explode more fully.
- So far no arrests have been made for the attack, however, there is currently a massive manhunt underway to find the person or persons who caused the explosion.
Photo Credit: Sylvain Pennec