California's Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom has officially offered praise to President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence on how they've handled the situation with the cruise ships and passengers with coronavirus.
Newsom also seems to welcome the support given to California, who is in a state of emergency.
As quoted by Newsweek, Newsom said "We had a private conversation, but he said, 'We're gonna do the right thing' and 'You have my support, all of our support, logistically and otherwise.'"
Newsom also stated that Trump "said everything I could have hoped for," and "we had a very long conversation and every single thing he said, they followed through on."
Is the coronavirus going to bring the Democrats and Republicans together?
Some of the biggest developments this week, according to ABC News:
Sunday's biggest developments:
- U.S. death toll increased to 22
- Ted Cruz, Paul Gosar announce self-quarantine after exposure at CPAC
- 133 people have died in Italy in the last 24 hours
- First COVID-19 patient dies in Egypt
- Oregon declares state of emergency
- Grand Princess cruise ship to dock in Oakland